Soft, buttery and chewy whole wheat oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.
I made these whole wheat cookies many times before and I always come back to this recipe. Sometimes when my children don’t want any sandwich for school I make these cookies so they can have something to eat at lunch. They are bored of sandwiches and I need to think of new recipes for them. Sometimes, I make banana bread muffins or soups like these Tomato Soup or Chicken Soup.
However, treats like these whole wheat chocolate chip cookies are considered “ok” for lunch time. Not always but once in awhile. This is my “lunchbox” dilemma:)
How about you? What do you prepare for your children to school?
Instead of using all-purpose flour I decided to use whole wheat flour. I don’t see the difference in taste. I can’t say they are better with all-purpose flour. They are equally delicious. Whole wheat flour adds a little more nutrients than regular flour. That’s why is healthier.
I also use chocolate chips but you can use raisins instead. My younger son loves raisins, but older not so much. That’s why I opted for chocolate chips this time.
I bake often with old fashioned oats. They are my favorite and I am happy that my boys like them too. I usually add it to my cookies, Homemade Granola Bars or simply I make them for breakfast. My favorite breakfast recipes are Banana Coconut Oatmeal and Maple Oatmeal with Walnuts & Dried Fruits.
Whole Wheat Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of Himalayan salt
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks) - room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Lay parchment paper on the baking pan.
- In a medium bowl combine whole wheat flour, old fashioned oats, baking soda and pinch of Himalayan salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl mix butter and sugar until smooth with electric mixer. Add eggs (one at a time) and mix. Add vanilla extract. Mix all ingredients until well combined.
- Combine dry with wet ingredients.
- Add chocolate chips and combine all ingredients well.
- Form small balls and lay on the baking pan (leave some space between them).
- Bake for 10 -13 minutes.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 175kcal Calories from fat 104|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 12g||18%|
|Saturated Fat 7g||35%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
If you like Whole Wheat Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies see…