Mini soft matcha cheesecake recipe with crunchy bottom crust and a layer of chocolate.
I’ve got already few recipes with matcha green tea on my blog. Actually, one of my most popular post are these Matcha Cupcakes with Green Tea Cream Cheese Frosting. I guess everyone loves green tea matcha. The other great recipe I have on the blog is this 3 Ingredients Green Tea Matcha Smoothie. So quick and easy to make!
What I love the most about matcha is the color and taste. It gives a beautiful green color to any dessert and it has an interesting taste. It has also many health benefits like energy booster, high in fiber, mood and memory enhancer.
Lately I realized that St. Patrick’s day is coming and I thought that these mini matcha cheesecake will be perfect for this holiday. They were so easy to prepare, just few simple ingredients like pretzels or graham crackers, cream cheese, sugar, greek yogurt, eggs and matcha. I also topped my cheesecake with lots of chocolate. So delightful little treat!
I made pretzel crust for them. However, you can use graham crust as well. I’ve noticed that pretel crust doesn’t stick very well no matter how much butter I will use. There are few tricks that I do. First of all, I just eat how it is with pretzel crust falling apart from the cheesecake. Secondly, I can top all these pretzels on top of the melted chocolate. Thirdly, the pretzel crust is solid after storing mini matcha cheesecake in the refrigerator for few hours. Either way is fine and all options are so good!
Mini Matcha Cheesecake
- 3/4 cup pretzels, crushed
- 1 Tbsp. cane sugar*
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup cane sugar*
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup greek yogurt
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. matcha powder
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Prepare muffin tin with silicone liners.
- In a medium bowl combine crushed pretzels or graham crackers, cane sugar and butter. Pour pretzels into each liner, press firmly. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and lower the heat for 300 F.
- In a medium bowl beat cream cheese with cane sugar and vanilla extract with electric mixer for about 2 - 3 minutes. Add eggs, each at a time. Beat all ingredients together until all will become smooth. Add greek yogurt and mix. Add matcha powder.
- Pour cream cheese into each liner. Bake for about 25 - 30 minutes. Remove from oven and cool off before serving. Dip each mini matcha cheesecake in melted chocolate. Store in refrigerator.**
* Regular sugar can be used. ** I've noticed that pretzel crust doesn't stick very well, so after baking remove cupcakes from baking pan an leave them with liners to cool off completely. You can serve them how they are or sprinkle pretzel crust back on top of the cheesecake cupcakes. Also storing them in the refrigerator makes the pretzel crust solid.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 305kcal Calories from fat 147|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 16g||25%|
|Saturated Fat 9g||45%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
If you like Mini Matcha Cheesecake check…