Greek yogurt cinnamon coffee cake muffins topped with brown sugar crumble. They are perfect for breakfast or a brunch!
To make these yummy muffins I was inspired by popular coffee cake that you can easily find at the store. Many times before leaving the store I was grabbing coffee cake on my way to the cash register. I couldn’t help it, they were always in front! My children always loved them. When I made these greek yogurt cinnamon coffee cake muffins they vanished so quickly. My children are growing and I’ve noticed they eat more and more! Sometimes I can’t keep up with cooking and baking.
I made 12 cinnamon coffee cake muffins and I was thinking I’ll have plenty of them. My boys will eat some and then I will have the rest for photos. Unfortunately, I had to hide couple just for the photos, but once my boys came from school they ate the rest. The same scenario is happening when I bake Sweet Potato Baked Mini Donuts. I have to bake 2 batches, otherwise it won’t be enough for my family.
For these muffins I used greek yogurt. I love baking with greek yogurt. I usually buy my favorite Liberte greek yogurt and I use it all the time with my baking and cooking.
At first I thought that I will bake my cinnamon coffee cake muffins without any topping. However, when I was thinking how to make my muffins even better I’ve decided to make crumble brown sugar topping. Yummy, they were so delicious. Bake them for breakfast, snack, brunch or any other time!
*As of today March 15th, 2018 the recipe is updated to make more soft and moister texture. From 2tsp. of baking powder updated to 2 1/2 tsp. baking powder, from 1tsp cinnamon to 2 tsp. cinnamon, from 1/2 cup brown sugar to 3/4 brown sugar, from 1/3 coconut oil to 1/2 coconut oil and from 3/4 cup greek yogurt to 1 cup greek yogurt.
Greek Yogurt Cinnamon Coffee Cake Muffins
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup Cocozia Coconut Oil, melted
- 1 cup greek yogurt ( I used 2% Liberte)
- 7 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 F and prepare muffin tin with liners.
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and brown sugar. Set aside.
- In another large medium bowl whisk eggs, add Cocozia Organic Coconut Oil and greek yogurt. Combine well.
- Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients.
- In a small bowl combine ingredients for the crumble: flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and butter.
- Scoop the batter evenly into the muffin liners. Add crumb topping on top. Press gently onto the batter.
- Bake for 18 - 20 minutes or until inserted toothpick will come out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool off on wire rack.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 253kcal Calories from fat 127|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 14g||22%|
|Saturated Fat 11g||55%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
If you like Greek Yogurt Cinnamon Coffee Cake Muffins see…