Right now I’m going to tell you how good is this easy casserole taco. I love Mexican food. Cilantro, jalapeno and avocado comes to my mind. I’ve made my easy taco casserole meatless with lots of rice and beans. I added a great amount of cilantro and lots of mozzarella cheese.
I developed my “Mexican Food” obsession in USA where I used live for 15 years. I don’t really like to try new foods but I just gave it a try one day and I didn’t look back. When I was growing up in Europe I didn’t have an opportunity to try different cuisines. So, when I moved to USA I was so amazed how many cultures this country has. Lots of different cuisines and people from all over the world.
I loved going to my favorite Chipotle place to order my burrito bowl. I miss it now, because in the city where I live there is no Chipotle.. it’s sad. But maybe someday they will come to my city:) For now I have to move my imagination and create dishes like easy taco casserole or crock pot chili. There are many Mexican spices and sauces in the store so I can spend some time in my kitchen and make Mexican dish by myself.
I’ll tell you I was very amazed how this easy taco casserole came out. It was very good. Perfect amount of sauce, lots of cilantro and accurate spiciness.
Do you like Mexican food? What’s your favorite dish?
Easy Taco Casserole
- 1 cup cooked corn (frozen)
- 1 1/2 cup cooked rice
- 3/4 cup black beans (from the can - drained)
- 1/4 cup chopped chive
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 tsp. chili powder
- 340 ml (12 oz.) taco sauce (I used President's Choice)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- half avocado
- 1 small tomato
- half small red onion
- salt/pepper to taste
- chive and cilantro to top the casserole
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Lightly oil the pan (I had 10 x 8 pan) or coat with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl combine corn, rice, black beans, chive, cilantro, chili powder and taco sauce. Mix all ingredients together.
- Spread rice mixture in the pan, lay shredded mozzarella cheese on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the cheese will melt.
- In the meantime dice the tomato, avocado and red onion. In the small bowl mix all ingredients. Add some chopped chive and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- After baking put fresh ingredients on top of the casserole.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 321kcal Calories from fat 113|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 13g||20%|
|Saturated Fat 6g||30%|
|Dietary Fiber 6g||24%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|