Chocolate and Strawberry Mousse is perfect for Valentine’s Day. Served with chocolate cookies and two layers of whipped cream. A dessert for Two!
I am in a Valentine’s day mood lately. So many ideas and desserts to make. This year I already made Strawberries and Cream Sugar Cookie Cups and Strawberry Shortcake Baked Mini Buttermilk Donuts. And I am not done yet, still I have couple more ideas in my head.
For today I have a very easy Valentine’s Day dessert with 3 layers: strawberry mousse, chocolate mousse and cookies. I’ve selected chocolate cookies since I’m chocoholic. But you can have any other kind. The mousse is made with few simple ingredients and it’s ready in about 15 minutes.
The dessert makes two servings and it can be served in a beautiful glass. As you can see I used wine glasses. The whole dessert looks so elegant!
I usually cook and bake when my children are at school. One day my younger son came back from school and when he saw these pretty glasses filled with yummy whipped cream: He said Wow! So here you go, I shared my mousse with him. If you want more servings than Two, just double the batch. And everyone can enjoy this strawberry mousse.
If you are looking for some Valentine’s Day food inspiration make this mousse. It’s is very delicious and delicate. Everyone loved it in my house. Check also more Valentine’s Day ideas. You will definitely find something for yourself and your loved ones!
Chocolate Strawberry Mousse for Two
- 4 cookies (any kind)
- 1 cup whipping cream (I used Organic Meadow)
- 3 Tbsp. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. cacao powder
- 4 - 5 strawberries, pureed
- Crush cookies and place on the bottom of the glass. Spread evenly between two glasses.
- In a medium bowl beat cold whipping cream until soft peak with electric mixer.
- Add powdered sugar and mix for few seconds until all ingredients will incorporate.
- Divide the mousse evenly into two separate bowls.
- For one part of the mousse: add cacao and mix until all will become smooth.
- For the second mousse: add 3 tablespoons of purred strawberries and combine well.
- Pour the chocolate mousse on top of the cookies.
- Pour strawberry mousse on top of the chocolate mousse.
- Decorate with remaining strawberry puree if you still have some.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 1095kcal Calories from fat 948|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 105g||162%|
|Saturated Fat 61g||305%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|