Zucchini Fritters with carrot, dill and a dollop of greek yogurt.
I’ve got new obsession lately… zucchini fritters. I can eat them all the time. I just really like them. They are very delicious I can honestly say. I like the addition of greek yogurt on top, but sour cream would be perfect too.
I’m not a huge fan of zucchini and I wasn’t before either. But now after many interesting recipes like Cinnamon Zucchini Bread and these zucchini fritters—> zucchini is my favorite! It’s the way how you prepare the food this is what matters. This vegetable wasn’t at my home often. But now it’s all the time. Not only one zucchini, I’m buying at least three for the week. Which reminds me that I have to buy because I already ate all of them.
These fritters are baked not fried. To prevent any excess oil dripping from them:) And any excess calories. They are healthy and full of vegetables. Also, I used whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour. Dill adds so much flavor to these zucchini fritters. And if you have fresh garlic on hand just use it instead of a garlic powder. Either way is fine.
I’ve made Parmesan Cauliflower Fritters before and they were totally tasty too. I think I have some exciting recipes on hand. I can also use them for my everyday cooking and the food shouldn’t be boring.
Carrot Zucchini Fritters
- 3 zucchini, grated
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 1/4 cup dill
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Lay parchment paper on the baking pan, spray with a little oil.
- In the medium bowl season grated zucchini, set aside.
- In a large bowl whip the egg, add garlic powder.
- Squeeze some excess water from zucchini. Add it to the egg.
- Add grated carrot, dill, and whole wheat flour.
- Mix everything together.
- Make 6 fritters and place on parchment paper.
- Bake 15 on one side, then flip and bake another 15 minutes.
- Serve with a dollop of greek yogurt or sour cream.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 65kcal Calories from fat 11|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 1g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
Are you zucchini fan?
If you like Carrot Zucchini Fritters check..