Fluffy and moist banana cream pie cupcakes made from scratch.
If I will show you how many bananas I have today at my home you would think that I am crazy. I eat bananas every day. It’s my favorite fruit. I use it for my baking or smoothie bowls. If I am running out. I have to go to the store and buy them. I always buy it in advance, just to have it. Yesterday, my husband saw my big pile of bananas and he just laughed. What can I do… I am banana person.
Especially for these banana cream pie cupcakes I made pretty yellow cupcake wrapper and it is available in my Etsy shop. You can get them here–> Yellow Polka Dot Printable Cupcake Wrapper.
Let me talk with you about these banana cream pie cupcakes made from scratch. Yes! Even pudding is homemade! At first I though I could use instant pudding but I thought “no”! I always make food from scratch, no shortcuts. And it’s much healthier….. without any artificial. You’ll see me occasionally using something from the box…but it’s rarely. I try to limit this as much as I can or choose healthier substitution.
I made banana cream pie cupcakes for the the school fundraising, the same like my Orange Cupcakes with Dulce the Leche Buttercream. My children loved them! They were asking about them on the next day but obviously they were gone.
You won’t believe it how easy these cupcakes are. They are also delicious and moist. And the best part is that they are topped with yummy homemade pudding made and whipped cream. Everything made from scratch:)
*As of today December 10th, 2017 the recipe is improved so the cupcakes are softer and sweeter. Instead of 1/3 cup of butter there is 1/2 cup butter. Instead of 1/4 cup sugar there is 1/2 cup sugar. I also added 1 cup of mashed banana instead of 3/4 cup and I added 2 Tablespoons of milk. The cupcakes are so delicious!
Banana Cream Pie Cupcakes From Scratch
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup cane sugar
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp. butter
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup overripe banana, mashed
- 1/2 cup sour cream ( I used Organic Meadow)
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3 Tbsp. powdered sugar
- In a medium saucepan heat milk. In the meantime combine sugar with cornstarch. Add slowly to the milk and whisk vigorously. Remove from heat when it will become thick. Add vanilla extract and butter. Combine well. Cool off completely. You can also put in the fridge to speed up the cooling time.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Prepare muffin baking pan with liners.
- In a medium bowl combine flour and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl beat butter with sugar until smooth with electric mixer. Add eggs, each at a time and mix. Add vanilla extract, mashed banana, sour cream and milk. Mix everything just to combine.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet batter and just mix all ingredients until well combined.
- Pour the batter into the liners (about 3/4 high).
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes until inserted toothpick will come out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool off on wire rack.
- In a medium bowl mix whipping cream until soft peak with electric mixer.
- Add powdered sugar.
- Pour about 1 Tbsp. pudding on the top of each cupcake. And finish frosting with whipped cream.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 309kcal Calories from fat 161|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 18g||28%|
|Saturated Fat 11g||55%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
If you like Banana Cream Pie Cupcakes from Scratch check…